Hi, I’m Olly. I live in Canterbury with my Wife Kirsty (who I met at university here) and we’ve got two kids who are growing up way too fast- Caleb (9) and Rose (6). They are the three people I love most in life and the three people I photograph most in life (…sorry Kirsty!) When I’m not making music, drinking coffee or going out on a run I work as a Documentary Wedding Photographer across Kent, the UK and overseas. I say “work” but it never feels like work as Photography and people are huge passions of mine. I started out in 2011 by offering to photograph a friend’s wedding, I loved doing it so much that since then I’ve been involved in more than 300 amazing weddings.
What gets me excited about documenting weddings is that I’m always on the look out for moments. Moments of intimacy, moments of joy, moments where there’s huge hugs, tears and embarrassing Dad moves on the dance floor! I never tell anyone to look at the camera or “say cheese”! I won’t be the bossy supplier that your friends and family wish would just go away. I’ll be like one of your guests with a camera blending into the day, laughing at the jokes, singing along to the songs, smiling during the vows and maybe even shedding a tear during the speeches! I leave a wedding day having made new friends and having captured real moments for the Bride and Groom.
So if you’re getting married and if you want your wedding day to be more of a celebration with family and friends and less like a photo shoot, if you want real, authentic moments captured and if you want a Photographer who’ll be easy to get along with, who runs his business in a sustainable way, who’s won awards for his work and appreciates a good pun then we could be a good match. I only take on 30 weddings a year and I book up a year or two in advance so whether you’re having an intimate wedding by the beach in Whitstable or you’re planning a huge party in a Castle in Tuscany message me and let’s get excited about your wedding day together.
I’ve won awards for my photographs including four Fearless Awards, two This is Reportage Awards in 2021 and I received “Highly Commended” from The Wedding Industry Awards in 2022. I was ranked as the best wedding photographer in SE England, in the top 15 for the UK and top 100 worldwide by Fearless Photographers in 2021. I’ve even had some wedding photos appear on the BBC news too! I’m pleased to be a recommended photographer at several great venues across Kent, the UK and in Italy. I’m passionate about sustainability so I run my business with renewable energy and drive to nearly all my weddings in an electric car. I’ve signed up to the SME Climate Hub.
If you’d like to see what people have said about my approach please see the reviews. Have a look at my blog to see my latest work, read about what equipment I use, look at the frequently asked questions page and feel free to call me or email me to talk about what you’d like and I’d be honoured to photograph your day.
A few interesting facts about myself…
- When I’m not taking photos I’m making music. I was in a band called “eben” for a few years and I got to sing with Ed Sheeran at a friend’s wedding once!
- I had many jobs before I found the career I love. I was a driving instructor in my early 20s and a girl I fancied dared me to call my business “KnightRiders School of Motoring” I did, she’s now my Wife!
- I’ve got an electric car so not only is my camera on silent shutter mode but my car is on silent mode for weddings too! No one will ever hear me coming. Stealth.
- I love running and you’ll often find me doing my 10k runs up and down the Canterbury Chartham cycle path. My PB came after eating crepes and swallowing a fly.
- There was a pool party at a wedding I photographed once so I shot some of the wedding in my swimming shorts in the pool! The camera nearly fell out of my hands.