My name’s Olly. I’m a Documentary Kent wedding photographer based in Canterbury. Thanks for taking the time to visit my website and see my work.
For some people landscapes and nature inspire them to take photos, for me it’s people. The people I hold dearest to me are my family; My wife Kirsty and my kids Caleb and Rose. I love seeing their interactions with one another; the way they smile, laugh and play together. Because of my love for photographing people documentary wedding photography was a natural fit for me.
Weddings are amazing celebrations where family and friends come together. Weddings are full of fun, creativity and laughter. I see my role as capturing moments from the day as they unfold, telling the story of what actually happens.
Kirsty and I got married in 2009 and some of our favourite images from our wedding day were when we were unaware of the camera and were free to be ourselves. I want to give couples these kind of photographs that tell the story of their wedding day. Pictures they’ll be able to enjoy for decades to come.
I’ve had the privilege of photographing many weddings around the UK. I’ve shot in Derbyshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, London, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Wiltshire and Yorkshire. I shoot a few destination weddings per year too. Last year I was in Tuscany, Italy. This year I’m in Serbia and next year I’m in Rome. I’ve shot civil ceremonies, Church ceremonies, Cathedral weddings, outdoor weddings, DIY weddings and rural barn weddings. I’ve won awards for my photographs including a Wedisson Award and a YPWP award for two 2017 images that I took. I’ve been a finalist at the 2015 and 2018 Wedding Industry Awards too. I am a member of Fearless Photographers and a recommended photographer at several great venues across Kent, the UK and in Italy.
If you’d like to see what people have said about my approach please see the reviews. Have a look at my blog and the wedding, portrait and event galleries. Read about what equipment I use, look at the frequently asked questions page and feel free to call me or email me to talk about what you’d like and I’d be honoured to photograph your occasion.
A few interesting facts about myself…
- When I’m not taking photos I’m making music. I was in a band called “eben” for a few years and I got to sing with Ed Sheeran at a friend’s wedding once!
- I had many jobs before I found the career I love. I was a driving instructor in my early 20s and a girl I fancied dared me to call my business “KnightRiders School of Motoring” I did, she’s now my Wife!
- I’ve got an electric car so not only is my camera on silent shutter mode but my car is on silent mode for weddings too! No one will ever hear me coming. Stealth.
- I love running and you’ll often find me doing my 10k runs up and down the Canterbury Chartham cycle path. My PB came after eating crepes and swallowing a fly.
- There was a pool party at a wedding I photographed once so I shot some of the wedding in my swimming shorts in the pool! The camera nearly fell out of my hands.